Applied Motion Products, Inc. has released a new series of drives and motors with EtherCAT communications. These new products utilise Applied Motion’s StepSERVO technology which combines the high torque capabilities of step motors with the closed loop dynamic control of servo systems. The result is a motor and drive solution that operates more quietly and efficiently, while providing greater torque and higher acceleration rates than traditional step motor systems.
EtherCAT is a high performance industrial Ethernet network designed for real-time control in automation environments. These newly released StepSERVO Drives and Motors support CANopen over EtherCAT (CoE) control, allowing them to be integrated into new and existing EtherCAT networks. The products support CiA 402 operating modes including Profile Position, Profile Velocity, Profile Torque, Cyclic Synchronous Position, and Cyclic Synchronous Velocity.
Included in this release are three new StepSERVO Drives and fourteen new StepSERVO Motors, ranging in sizes from NEMA 11 to NEMA 34. Products in this series are identified by an “SS” in the part number, such as the SS05-EC-D drive and the HT23-SS2DGB motor. A full complement of mating cables, power supplies, and other accessory products is available from Applied Motion Products.
- EtherCAT communications built-in with support for CiA 402 operating modes including Profile Position, Profile Velocity, Profile Torque, Cyclic Synchronous Position, Cyclic Synchronous Velocity.
- StepSERVO closed loop stepper technology featuring space vector current control.
- Peak torques for greater acceleration and throughput.
- Higher efficiency, lower power consumption than open loop step motors.
- Motor frame sizes NEMA 11, 17, 23, 24 and 34.
- Each drive provides eight digital inputs, four digital outputs, and two analog inputs for interfacing to sensors, switches, and other external signals.
Beckhoff New Zealand 09 281 2736