High pressure washing and strong cleaning agents do a good job keeping food and beverage processing equipment clean and hygienic. However, electricity and fluids do not get along very well. In particular washdown and cleaning routines can be very hard on motors and mechanical equipment.
To hold up in these wet and demanding environments, John Brooks is the NZ distributor for a range of Tema Stainless Steel motors starting at 0.18KW and up through to 7.5KW.
- Tema Stainless Steel motors and gearboxes are designed and manufactured to operate in extreme conditions. Rated to IP67 they can withstand conditions with high ambient temperatures, high humidity, water and steam.
- All motors are supplied with a one-metre cable and are tested underwater as part of the standard testing.
- While stainless steel motors and gearboxes have a higher capital cost than traditionally used cast iron or aluminium units they can result in significant cost savings over their life cycle.
- Cast iron and aluminium units regularly fail when subjected to water, steam, chemical cleaning and outdoor use, especially in coastal areas. Add in the lost downtime to the replacement cost and stainless steel motors & gearboxes become a viable option with their long service life.
- Standard IEC metric frame with B5, B14 flanges. We can even supply Tema motors with flanges to suit SEW gearboxes making retrofitting your existing plant a simple procedure.
All Tema motors have received CSA Approval and have been certified under USA Premium Efficiency and MEPS.
Contact John Brooks’ sales staff to survey your motor and gearbox requirements and a recommendation as to the correct motor and gearbox for the job.
Ph. 0800 24 34 44 or email