EECA Business works closely with the University of Waikato and EMANZ to develop and promote courses relating to efficiency in motor systems. Courses are designed for all businesses, auditors and service providers.
Webinars are a quick, easy and free way to keep up to date with the latest technologies. These showcase studies and demonstrate how you can get started or improve your existing system. You can pick the topic you are interested, register and dial in from wherever you are. Each webinar is one hour long and is presented by Dr Martin Atkins, Dr Michael Walmsley and Dr James Neale from The University of Waikato.
A series of one-day workshops are being held to provide practical instruction to factory-based management and technical staff. All workshops are based on best practice energy efficiency opportunities for pump, fan and compressed air systems.
Attendees will leave with an ability to identify system efficiency opportunities and to work confidently with skilled service providers to realise the efficiency opportunities available from the particular technology covered.
Webinar series includes:
• 13 March: Fan systems. Fan system control – do I need a tune up?
• 27 March: Steam systems. Water hammer – what it is and how to avoid it.
• 10 April: Compressed air. What is in my compressed air? The impact of the ambient environment.
• 2 April: Pumping systems. Pump system curves and the moody plot.
Best practice one-day workshops
• 28 June - Fan Systems
• 23 August - Compressed Air Systems
• 30 August - Pumping Systems